GRADUATION GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE UPPER DIVISION BACHELOR OF SCIENCE DEGREE
All candidates for BS degrees from Helene Fuld College of Nursing must meet the following requirements:
1. Completion of 31 credits of course work in upper division nursing at Helene Fuld.
2. Completion of 32 credits in specified upper division liberal arts and science courses.
3. Transfer credit for 58 combined nursing and liberal arts and science credits. (Total of 121 credits)
4. Achievement of a passing grade in each required course. 5. A cumulative GPA of 2.27.
6. Recommendation by the Faculty to the Board of Trustees.
7. Compliance with all financial and other obligations to the College as announced in this catalog.
AWARDING OF DEGREES
Commencement and the official awarding of degrees takes place in the spring. However, students may complete requirements for graduation at the conclusion of any semester and will receive their degrees following completion. Graduates at the commencement exercises wear academic attire. The Chairperson of the Board of Trustees presents the diplomas.
GRADUATION IN ABSENTIA
Students who are not able to attend the graduation exercises should inform the President in writing, explaining the reason. A student who graduates “in absentia” is responsible for contacting the Office of Student Services to Arrange to pick up their diploma. No part of the graduation fee will be refunded.